Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to use a particular browser?
- Do I need to configure my browser in a certain way to view your site?
- What is RSS?
- How do I subscribe to your RSS feed?
- How do I install Flash on my computer?
- Are your pages printer-friendly?
- How do I set up my My Street account?
- How do I cancel my My Street account?
- Is there a limit on the number of My Street accounts I create?
- Can I log in to My Street on more than one computer?
- I've forgotten my My Street password. What do I do?
- Why do you need my e-mail address?
- How do I search the content on your site?
- What is a cookie?
- How do I check to see that my browser is accepting cookies?
- Will I receive unsolicited e-mail if I accept a cookie?
- Is there a Sesame Street store?
- How do I sign up for the Sesame family newsletter?
- I cannot view Flash animations or games. What should I do?
- How do I adjust my Norton Personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security settings?
- My Java Applet is not working. What should I do?
- I'm still having technical problems. Who do I contact?
- How do I change my video preferences?
- Do I need software to watch videos?
- How do I switch to full-screen viewing?
- Why are the videos not playing?
This site is designed to work optimally with Firefox 2.0, IE 6 and 7 and Safari 2x, 3x. Note that PlaySafe will not work with Safari. Using any browser other than the ones listed above may cause users to experience problems.
No, most of the content should display correctly without any special configurations made to your browser.
RSS is a way of displaying summary of content on a website. RSS makes it possible for people to keep up with their favorite websites in an automated way. The content is piped into special programs or filtered displays, so you don't have to visit the site.
To subscribe to our RSS feeds, click on the "RSS" link and follow the simple instructions.
Your Sesame Street online experience will be richer if you have Flash installed on your computer. Most computers already have it installed. Our site automatically detects whether or not you have Flash installed on your computer; if you don't, you will be prompted to install it. You can also download Flash by clicking here and following the instructions.
Yes, Sesame Workshop pages are printer-friendly.
Click on the "My Street" button located on the top navigation bar and follow the simple instructions.
Your My Street account will automatically expire after 180 days of inactivity, so you don't have to do anything to cancel it. If you choose to, you can always create a new account.
There is no limit. Please remember that an unused account automatically expires after 180 days of inactivity.
Click on the "My Street" button located on the top navigation bar. Then click on the "Forgot your password?" link and follow the simple instructions. Remember that if you haven't used your account for 180 days it will have automatically expired and you will need to create a new one.
We don't collect e-mail addresses. You don't need to provide one unless you are signing up for a newsletter.
There is a search bar located on the top right hand side of the web page. Simply type in you search term and click "go."
A cookie is used to store information about your visit to a website. It becomes useful next time you visit the site when your settings are saved.
Depending on your browser, these settings are usually found in Privacy Settings located under Preferences.
Sesame Workshop will never send you unsolicited emails.
Yes. Click here to visit our store.
You can sign up for the Sesame family newsletter by clicking here.
If you are using Norton Personal Firewall or Norton Internet Security, you may need to adjust your settings at the Norton ad-blocking settings adjustment page.
Please visit the Norton ad-blocking settings adjustment page.
In order to correctly run Java Applets, your browser should be Java-enabled and have Java Plug-in Software (J2SE v 1.4.2_06 JRE or higher) installed. If your computer meets these requirements and Java Applets are not functioning, try uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in. Visit java.sun.com for the latest version of the plug-in.
If you are still having technical problems, please contact us.
The video player allows you to control volume, view full screen, rewind, send to a friend and add to My Street. These preferences are located at the bottom of the video player.
You need the latest Flash plug-in on your computer to watch videos. If you do not have Flash you will be prompted to download it. Videos will not work if you have a dial-up connection.
When the video starts playing, click on the button located to the right of the volume control button on the video player. To exit full-screen viewing, press the Escape key.
Several factors can cause videos not to play. Reloading the page will resolve most common issues. Videos may sometimes be slower to load, so please be patient.